Tuesday, July 20, 2010

There is a Space

For all the people in the world who are an only child or are the oldest, do you ever feel like there is a space where your older sibbling should be? I do. I guess that space is supposed to be there, but I can't bring myself to want it that way. I have cousins who are temporarily keeping that gap closed, but it probably won't hold forever. I just want that feeling that I hope I give to Sam and Sara, that feeling of relief when I have a secret that I can't tell anyone else, or wanting a hug from someone new. I guess I just need my big sister to tell me everything is going to be okay and that if anything happens, she will always be there for me.

Sometimes I feel like I'm spoiled for wanting and complaining all the time, but hey, can't stop my heart from dreaming, or my mind from thinking... Right??

Anyway, there's a space, that I don't want, an annoying little space that stays like your shadow on a bright, bright day. A space that can't just be temporarily closed. A space that I want fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment