Monday, September 6, 2010

Go Cubbies Go!!


I owe a lot to the man that got me the best Cubs tickets ever. They were front seat tickets right by where the Cubs warm up. I got my very own Cubs ball that day. It's a pretty good story.


We were eating peanuts and watching the game, so far we were at a tie. My friend and I were talking, my dad and his friend were doing the same, when one of the pitching coaches began to come our way. He approached me, rolled Soriano's ball in his hand, turned to me and asked, "It's your birthday, huh?" he glanced at the sign in my hands. "Would you like to keep this ball?" He smiled and waited for me to respond. I was speechless, but managed to cough up a few words. I studdered out, "Uh-hu! Yes please!!!" "Well," he responded. "It's all yours... if you can catch it, ready?" Boy was I nervous!! I nodded and I saw him begin to throw an under-hand ball. I lifted my hands, and within seconds, the ball was in my hands, with all the people around me cheering. "Good job," he said. And with a wink and a smile, he left.


As I look at that ball everyday, I remember that game, the feeling of holding something that comes once in a lifetime. So thanks, John. It really meant the world to me. You too, Abbey. That was the best birthday game ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment