Sunday, January 15, 2012

Best Friends

There's a lot that you learn from losing your best friend. There's a lot to be said about never seeing them again. And there's a lot to feel about missing an important person in your life.

I'm going into high school next year, and my best friend and I had this master plan that we were going to go to the same high school and be best friends forever. Nothing was going to separate us. Until his family moved out of state.

Now I'm left here without my best friend to talk to, to sit with at lunch, to gossip with, to laugh with. To share pizza with every Friday. Every single Friday. Without fail.

He's doing great. He has friends and is on the basketball team at his new school. He'll be successful wherever he goes. And I know that one day I will have to be a big girl and go to high school without him in my class. I will have to graduate without him, walk home without him, eat pizza without him... But in the end, best friends are best friends. And he will always be mine. I will always be his.

So it doesn't matter. If he's here on Friday or not, he'll always be my dorky BFF. And I'll always be his science fair winning nerd. Forever and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment