Monday, July 18, 2011

Recognize

Open your eyes,
smile at me.
Notice my pain.
And do something to help.
Watch me work hard,
and reward me with love.
See me strive to do my best
and feel proud.

Recognize that I try.
Feel happy for me.

Open your arms,
and let me leap into them.
Give me a kiss
and leave a make-up stain.
Let me sleep in
because you know that I'm tired.
Cut me some slack
because you see I deserve it.

Recognize my abilities.
And do something about it.

Look at me.
Try to feel like I feel.
Think like I think.
Work like I work.
Every day is a chance for you
to walk how I walk.
To sing like I sing.
To breathe how I breathe.
To learn how I learn.

Recognize ME.
And all the obstacles I overcome.

Recognize ME.
And all the good deads I've done.

Recognize ME.
And you will soon see,
that it's not easy to
recognize me.

No comments:

Post a Comment